Database Developer / Sr. Database Developer
WHO WE ARE
SEW is the # 1 Energy and Water Cloud Platform, providing cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions for Digital Customer Engagement, Field Workforce Engagement, and Smart AI / Machine Learning to the Energy and Utility sector. We help utilities improve their customer service, operational efficiency, and maximize return on investments through the SEW platform applications leveraging the mobile, AI, Machine Learning and Cloud technologies.
Searching for your dream job? At SEW, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world use energy & water and become part of our innovative and talented team!.
An ideal candidate who must demonstrate in-depth knowledge and understanding of RDBMS concepts and experienced in writing complex queries and data integration processes in SQL/TSQL and NoSQL. This individual will be responsible for helping the design, development and implementation of new and existing applications.
- Responsible for providing subject matter expertise in design of database schemes and performing data modeling (logical and physical models), for product feature enhancements as well as extending analytical capabilities.
- Reviews the existing database design and data management procedures and provides recommendations for improvement.
- Develop technical documentation as needed.
- Architect, develop, validate and communicate Business Intelligence (BI) solutions like dashboards, reports, KPIs, instrumentation, and alert tools.
- Define data architecture requirements for cross-product integration within and across cloud-based platforms.
- Analyze, architect, develop, validate and support integrating data into the SEW platform from external data source; Files (XML, CSV, XLS, etc.), APIs (REST, SOAP), RDBMS.
- Perform thorough analysis of complex data and recommend actionable strategies.
- Effectively translate data modeling and BI requirements into the design process.
- Big Data platform design i.e. tool selection, data integration, and data preparation for predictive modeling.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience in data modeling (including conceptual, logical and physical data models.
- 2-3 years of experience in Extraction, Transformation and Loading ETL work using data migration tools like Talend, Informatica, Datastage, etc.
- 4-6 years of experience as a database developer in Oracle, MS SQL or other enterprise database with focus on building data integration processes.
- Candidate should have any NoSql technology exposure preferably MongoDB.
- Experience in processing large data volumes indicated by experience with Big Data platforms.
- Understanding of data warehousing concepts and decision support systems.
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential material and adhere to worldwide data security and Experience writing documentation for design and feature requirements.
- Experience developing data-intensive applications on cloud-based architectures and infrastructures such as AWS, Azure etc.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
PERKS @SEW FAMILY
- Be a member of an exceptional team - we’re growing and your career and opportunities with us will, too!.
- Rich suite of benefit plans - Employee premiums paid.
- Generous Paid Time Off plan.
- Retirement savings - 401k plan with a Company match.
- Beautiful Irvine /Newport Beach office in a great location, with stunning views.
- Conveniently located close to public transportation.
- Open, transparent culture that includes weekly All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsite, etc.
- Commuter and Parking monthly subsidy.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates and other discounts and employee perks!.
*Smart Energy Water is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.