Smart Energy Water (SEW) is the leading provider of software solutions for Energy and Utility sector. SEW is a fast-growing business and provides a dynamic work environment for professional growth.
SEW is searching for a dedicated and enthusiastic Contracts Specialist to join the team. The Contracts Specialist will provide professional legal support, compliance and policy support, and administrative assistance to the executive and operations teams. Such tasks include assisting with drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide variety of client proposals, company policies, change requests, and commercial contracts, including arrangements for the procurement of goods and services, consulting and reseller arrangements, third party partnerships, strategic alliances and development agreements. Candidates with experience in the software industry, including software-related IP issues are strongly preferred.
The Contracts Specialist will report directly to management and will interact collaboratively with the sales and operations team leaders. The Contracts Specialist will perform legal functions that require analytical risk assessment and problem-solving skills, independent judgment, strong organizational skills and acute attention to detail.
- Responsible for the initial legal review and/or drafting of a wide variety of client proposals and third-party contracts in support of SEW’s software sales, change requests, amendments, consulting and reseller arrangements, third party partnerships, strategic alliances and development agreements. Contracting activities are primarily focused on development and sales of software; knowledge of software-related IP issues will be instrumental.Will work independently on certain contractual matters and play a supporting role to the Operations team on more complex or high-stakes contractual matters.
- Will be required to manage contracts through the entire contract lifecycle – providing guidance to internal teams on third-party relationships, initial drafting and review of contracts, assisting the Operations team in preparations for negotiations, interpreting provisions of existing contracts, and documenting contract amendments, renewals or terminations.
- Will support the Operations and Sales leaders in contracting processes, establishing and enforcing standards and practices for the company.
Bachelor’s degree, JD degree preffered
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in commercial contracts.
- Superior knowledge of contracting issues, including standard commercial provisions, risk assessment and risk mitigation.
- Ability to work strategically with internal teams and clients to identify issues and accurately document their business needs to appropriately insulate the company from risk.
- Strong analytical skills and the willingness and ability to accept a high level of responsibility.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple projects and initiatives (ranging from the mundane to the complex), with strict, short-term deadlines and minimal supervision.
- Highly organized, attentive to detail and sound business judgment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to proactively develop and implement process improvements