The Senior Developer technical resource must have experience in configuring and implementing in Oracle’s Customer Care and Billing (CC&B) the new billing engine for complex rates and possess technical knowledge in Meters, Meter Management, Field Orders, Billing, and Payments. Also, they will be tasked with supporting CC&B projects by gathering functional requirements and translating requirements into a technical design that meets the goals and objectives of the business, driving business process changes, coordinating change management meetings and activities, and reporting on progress and issues. The Senior Developer must be proficient with CC&B XAI IWS services as well as writing custom services and will design, develop, test, troubleshoot, and support the development and migration of software applications; work with both internal and external customers to implement and execute projects of various scope and budget. One of the first few projects will be to work with the team to integrate a third party customer mobile portal solution and a workforce mobile solution involving field order and field activities from CC&B.
- Use knowledge in Oracle Utilities Application Framework, CC&B Java, Oracle Database, Query Language, C2M , XAI IWS Web Services and CCB configuration tools to oversee conversion activities, maintain production environment, and communicate with software vendors to resolve issues, mentor and provide knowledge transfer to other technical staff and interface with third party vendors to facilitate technology support.
- At the CC&B functional architectural level, ensure best practices and standards are in place specifically around development and systems integration. Demonstrate understanding of business requirements and functional specifications to prepare technical design documents and develop as per the design to meet project or program change requirements.
- Responsible for all integration development between the external mobile workforce application and CC&B
- Support testing and debugging of CC&B components and units and contribute to technical documentation development.
- Designs and specifies software components, develops programs in Oracle CC&B suite, implements software modules and components, unites database objects structures and performs unit testing.
- Mentor the IT team in the Oracle CC&B suite and other associated ancillary software tools.
- Technical support of the current Oracle CC&B production environment and implemented applications.
- Reviews recommended options and identifies optimized IT solutions to address functional requirements.
- Oversees the progress of projects assigned and ensures system improvements are successfully implemented.
- Reviews and approves implementation of CC&B system changes.
- Reviews and recommends changes to documented business processes and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field and/or equivalent relevant experience
- Three years of progressively challenging experience working as a CC&B suite Senior Developer in solution architecture, project management, system design, development testing, implementation and support
- Advanced knowledge in CC&B Java, C2M ,Oracle Database, CC&B data model and Oracle Utilities Application Framework
- Extensive experience with Oracle Utilities SDK and Eclipse 3.7 and with writing high performance, multi- threaded, critical java applications over large databases including Oracle 10g and Oracle 11g.
- Proficient working knowledge of SQL and relational database concepts and developing stored procedures in Oracle 10g and Oracle 11g
- Knowledge and understanding of software development life cycle and industry best practices
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Experience should include multi-product implementations (CC&B integrations with MWM, MDM, WAM, CSS, etc).
- Must have experience with other integrations involving the XAI IWS interfaces
- Must have in depth knowledge with field order and field activities workflow, configuration and writing custom services
- Must have prior experience implementing MWM (mobile workforce) or any other third party workforce tool with CC&B
- Must have prior experience implementing CC&B with a customer portal