WHO WE ARE
SEW is the # 1 Energy and Water Cloud Platform, providing cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions for Digital Customer Engagement, Field Workforce Engagement, and Smart AI / Machine Learning to the Energy and Utility sector.
We help utilities improve their customer service, operational efficiency, and maximize return on investments through the SEW platform applications leveraging the mobile, AI, Machine Learning and Cloud technologies.
- In taking things personally. In throwing ourselves into our work and being passionate about our ideas.
- In people. Our colleagues are a diverse, creative, outspoken, ambitious, character-rich ocean of talent.
- In collaboration. Great ideas come from all corners. And they’re burnished by discussion and teamwork.
- In decency. We love people who have passion but aren't egomaniacs or glory hogs.
- In personal growth. We teach, mentor, and grow the best and brightest, so they become leaders in the field.
- In giving back. Our team values are focused on helping each other, making our customers successful, and making a positive impact on communities and environment around us.
SEW is currently looking for a top executive who will be responsible for business strategic planning and our company vision. Said individual will be providing overall leadership, holding all business operations accountable to company policies. Further duties include direct reporting to the board of directors, taking on the supervisory role for top-level management, assuming responsibility for budget and financial health & management of our organization. They will see to it that the operation of the company is at its fullest using the fewest resources. They will use and think of new strategic methods to improve processes leading to the success of SEW. They will also provide the necessary guidelines in operations to ensure maximum success.
- Meet with directors and other executives to determine if the company is in accordance with SEW goals, policies, and vision.
- Oversee budgets, this individual must be aware of and knowledgeable of the company's financial picture day-to-day.
- Develop a strategic plan to advance the company's mission and objectives and to promote revenue, profitability, and growth as an organization.
- Oversee company operations to ensure production efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effective management of resources.
- Plan, develop, and implement strategies for generating resources and/or revenues for the company.
- Identify acquisition and merger opportunities and direct implementation activities.
- Approve company operational procedures, policies, and standards.
- Review activity reports and financial statements to determine progress and status in attaining objectives and revise objectives and plans in accordance with current conditions.
- Evaluate performance of executives for compliance with established policies and objectives of the company and contributions in attaining objectives.
- Promote the company and represent SEW to local, regional, national, and international audiences.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other associations, industry, and officials that are in the best interest of the company.
- Direct staff, including organizational structure, professional development, motivation, performance evaluation, discipline, compensation, personnel policies, and procedures.
- Direct human resources activities, including the approval of HR plans or activities, the selection of directors or other high-level staff, or establishment or organization of departments
- 5 plus years of related experience and industry experience is required with extensive knowledge in industry and market conditions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management. Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures.
- Experience in formulating policy, developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Strong business and financial acumen. Ability to develop financial plans and manage resources. Ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills. Knowledge of public relations principles and practices. Knowledge of communication and public relation techniques.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Ability to identify and secure funding/revenue sources.
- Flexible to work long hours as required
- BA/BS required, MBA Preferred
- Annual salary: CAD$150,000.00 plus benefits and bonus
- Employment Location: Vancouver B.C Canada
- Extensive travel may be required for this role
To ensure the success of the Canada venture, this is a permanent full-time position.